Thursday, January 21, 2010

ABNA

At a post-New Year's dinner party, someone asked me what were my New Year's resolutions this year. I sized up her question and replied, "At this point in my life, what is there left to improve upon?" I was kidding, of course, but to be honest, I was stumped so I made one up on the spot.

Since picking up writing in full force, I have realized the value of setting goals and challenging yourself. So my next challenge will be to see something that I've written published, be it a short story in a magazine or a novel (gasp) published, marketed and distributed in bookstores.

All this is to say, I've been busy and haven't posted a blog in quite some time. Currently, I'm deep in editing mode on Seasons of Conflict, the first draft of which I had written during the Nanowrimo contest in November, 2009. Well, I'm turning that puppy into a few competitions this year, the first of which is the Amazon.com Breakthrough Novel Award. Hopefully, they won't think it's a dog.

It's good to set goals, I think, even at this stage in my life.


Punchlines
Said the little lamb to the shepherd boy, "Do you see what I see?"
The shepherd boy replied, "Of course, I can see what you see. I'm a proud Welshman after all..."

No comments:

Post a Comment