Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Courtesy Laugh

No wonder comedy on TV isn't funny. It's not meant to be, according to this segment on NPR with veteran TV writer and producer Rob Long.


Punchlines
Dear Abby: Everyone seems to be breathing down my neck to make a decision. It's a lot of pressure, and I know a bomb will explode if I make a mistake. Not a literal bomb, but a real one. So I need your help. Which wire do I cut?

Look lady... If you have the time to write a letter, stamp it, and take it to the mail box, and you think that I will receive it, answer it, and it somehow beats out all the other 47 letters that I receive each week... if you think that you will still have time for all that to happen and you read this article and whatever... and you STILL have time to weigh whether my advice is credible and discuss it with your coworkers and what not... fogettaboutit... your bomb done exploded already. Figuratively speaking of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment