Thursday, November 25, 2010

Gobble, gobble

Well, I did it and just in time for turkey! Although I achieved my word count goal for NaNoWriMo for the month of November, it turns out I am far from done with the first draft. I have roughly fifteen more chapters to write which at the rate I'm going will yield a manuscript of roughly 115,000 words. I didn't think I had that many words in me, but I guess I did.

Anyway, I'm taking a break to serve food to the homeless downtown and then this afternoon, I'll prepare Thanksgiving dinner for the family at home. I am thankful for so much this year, that for once, I'm at a loss for words to share here. Much love and happiness to everyone during the holidays!

As soon as I captured this moment, I already changed the target goal to 100,000 which I hope to achieve by November 30th. It's always good to keep raising the bar, isn't it?



Here's the daily chronicle over the past few days:
Nov 22: Part of me is really wondering who's in charge: me or the muse? (70,010 words)
Nov 23: Grinded through another day. Feeling somewhat stale and spent. The A-story feels like it is heading to its natural conclusion but it's happening six chapters too soon. I need to prolong the conflict/debate a little longer. Maybe I'll spend more time on the B-story over the next few days. (73,616 words)
Nov 24: Still working on the A-story and finished up Chapter 29 which I'm pretty happy about and starting Chapter 30. (78,050 words)
Nov 25: Took a breather at the 80,000 mark to get ready to serve food to the homeless and later I'll be preparing Thanksgiving dinner at home for the fam. Have a happy turkey day everyone!!! (80,080 words)

Punchlines
In the midnight hour babe she cried more, more, more!
Well, that's all well and good. But if you've been drinking, and it's late, do not listen to anyone who encourages you to trim your pubes.

No comments:

Post a Comment