Thursday, September 10, 2009

Osteria Mozza



Italian food never tasted so good. I had the pleasure of dining this week at Osteria Mozza and I now know what all the hype is about. It was the kind of place in which you are tempted to order one of each, literally. Take for example the free-standing Mozzarella Bar. That's right! Nancy Silverton prepares a wide array of mozzarella, burrata, bocconcini, strachiatella along side prosicutto, speck, bacon and more. If there's ever a winning combination, burrata and bacon has gotta be it. Here's a rundown of what we ate that night:

Antipasti
Burrata with bacon, marinated escarole & caramelized shallot
Caprese with bufala mozzarella, oven-dried tomatoes & basil 

Primi
Ricotta Gnudi with chantrelles and spinach
Tagliatelle with oxtail ragu

Secondi
Crisp Duck al Mattone with pear mostarda & Brussels sprouts
Beef Brasato with polenta & horseradish gremolata

Dolci
Panna cotta vanille with fruit compote and nuts



Burrata with bacon, marinated escarole & caramelized shallot




Beef Brasato with polenta & horseradish gremolata



Punchlines
Grammy, I'm sick and tired of you calling me dipshit all the time. Why can't you be like other grandmothers and call me...
...my precious.

2 comments:

  1. Yuuuumy! Now, that's what I call a good berfday meal. And now I gotsta dry off me keyboard.

    -Shaggy

    ReplyDelete