Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Reset Button


The first incarnation of this story had a short gestation period and was produced in a little over an hour. As reviews came in, very little compelled me to rewrite it until one intriguing idea was presented: To take out details to make this story anonymous and thus more accessible. "Pinter it up a bit" is what I sought to do. 

In addition to that change, I offered two perspectives to the story: his point of view first and then hers to serve as a counterpoint. While it isn't the non-linear storytelling genius of Kurosawa's Roshamon, it is an attempt to exercise my literary muscles.  

And so the second reincarnation of this story took a while longer. About two days I think and hopefully worthy of 15 minutes of your time. 


Punchlines
I must find another line of work. This one is going absolutely nowhere.
I think you should quit your job at Nihilists Anonymous

No comments:

Post a Comment