Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Am I drooling?

After watching the sneak preview of Terminator Salvation at Mann's Chinese Theatre, several friends and I ventured across the street to the Roosevelt Hotel to sample 25 Degrees renown premium burgers. 

Perhaps it was Chef Daniel Boulud who redefined (and, may I add, repriced) burgers for the foodie by introducing a burger with foie gras, truffles, confit, short ribs braised in wine, tomato and horseradish on a semolina bun with parmesan and served with pommes souffles. That is still on my list of dishes to sample when I venture back to New York this year. These so-called premium burgers are all the rage these days and once you've had one, you'll understand. Father's Office in Santa Monica features a fabulous blue cheese burger as does The Counter also in Santa Monica.

Upon the recommendation of our server, I chose the Number Three burger which is a medium rare sirloin burger topped with mezzo secco jack cheese, green chile, chipotle, and avocado with a side of onion rings. Wow.

Try it some time if you happen to be in Los Angeles.

Punchlines
Frankly my dear, I don't give a...
...coupon for your next visit, nor do we validate parking. This is a brothel.

2 comments:

  1. The burger (Number 1 with a fried egg) and fries are still excellent the next day!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent news as I will be having leftovers for dinner tonight!

    ReplyDelete