Thursday, August 6, 2009

OMG OMG OMG

Photo by Wesley Wong of TwoHungryPandas.com

Stop what you're doing. If you're mid-sentence trying to capture your life's moments in a 140-character status update on Twitter, put the crackberry down and run... don't walk... to Breadbar on 3rd Street in Los Angeles. 

If you've been following along, you'll know that my friends and I were eagerly anticipating our dinner at Ludo Bites which has been featured since mid-May through mid-August at Breadbar. It exceeded our expectations and so I strongly urge you to try it while you can. 

While we pretty much ordered one of each item on the Ludo Bites menu, I can really only take you through a sampling. Here are some highlights of my taste experience:

  • A warm bowl of chorizo, cantalope and cornichon soup...deliciously creamy but light and smokey with a hint of sweetness when you bite into the glassy cubes of cantalope... 
  • Then, there was the bowl of creamy polenta with earthy black truffle shavings, slowly braised oxtail and a hint of nuttiness from cantal cheese...
  • Finally, there was the exquisite vanilla panna cotta bathing in a luxurious caramel sauce and topped with salty black caviar.

My mouth was very happy with me last night. Shouldn't yours be happy, too?

Until then follow @chefludo on Twitter or check out his website


Punchlines
The last party was a complete snore, I tell ya. I think next time I'm gonna line up shots of tequila in the entry way and...
...nobody will be the least bit surprised. At George's house, this is called Tuesday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment