Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Going global

I can’t tell you how excited I am that this blog has gone global. Global, baby, global! If I may take you on a little tour around this blog, allow me to point out a few items. 

Every once in a while, I discover a gadget to add. First it was a French phrase of the day, because I wanted to learn French idioms, which are not typically taught in classrooms. Then it was a visitor counter. That was pretty cool, but also fairly easy to manipulate as each time I craft an article and check to see the results, it counts as a visit. There was one day that my visitor counter jumped by about 80. I thought that was cool because I know that wasn't me. I don't have OCD. Wait, let me check.

My latest gadget is this clever little map which visually conveys information about where visitors to this site originate. Most likely you'll have found this site because I migrated you from receiving a "Joke of the Day" by AIM or you found me via Trigger Street or Twitter.

It appears that visitors aren't just my pals in Los Angeles, but cyberpals around the world. Los Angeles, Kansas City (just a guess for the speck in the Midwest), and presumably Philadelphia were the first dots to appear, then followed by Portland, Paris France and somewhere in Switzerland (Miss Topanga, is that you?). Bonjour mes amis, bienvenue!

As of last night's overnight tallies, it appears I have cyberpals in the Bay Area (Hi Bob!), and I’m just eyeballing this so I would venture to guess… Toronto, Houston, Orlando, and London – tally ho! I’m pleased as punch you are bothering to visit. Je suis absolument heureux!

The stakes have gone up, I’d say. Because I am quantitatively oriented, I have added another new feature at the end of each post. You may check a box if you consider the day's blog to be interesting, cool or funny.  I will try to refrain from checking the boxes myself so the feedback is accurate unlike the visitor count. 

You do realize of course that this will only give me a reason to start posting in a few different languages now, don't you? Zhe shi xin! (It's true!) Vraiment! (Truly!)


Punchlines
Do you think we hurt his...
...feelings? Nah. All he can feel is annoyed or itchy.


No comments:

Post a Comment