Sunday, June 7, 2009

I heart Yogurtland

I don’t understand the appeal of Pinkberry. I never have. Friends and loved ones have dragged me there over the years and I always pass. It’s tart in an unnatural way. If I wanted something tart, I would have Greek yogurt. Something real. But if I’m gonna splurge on the calories to eat something resembling soft serve ice-cream, it better taste like ice-cream and call itself yogurt. Capiche?

A few weeks ago, my friend Shannon introduced me to Yogurtland. Such a superior flavor profile I tell you. Not only that, but their yogurts do contain active live cultures: S. Thermophilus, L. Bulgaricus, and L. Acidophilus. Sounds like a Latin playbill, doesn’t it? As for the calories, they range from 96-132 calories per ½ cup (84 grams). 

Why is Yogurtland better than Pinkberry? Yogurtland offers:

  • 12 choices of flavors instead of 2
  • fresh fruit toppings and dry toppings galore
  • 30 cents per ounce, so you don’t feel ripped off paying $5
  • self-serve yogurt and toppings so you get exactly what you want and how much you want

My current flavor combination is: peanut butter, coconut and Dutch chocolate with peanuts, coconuts, and sliced almonds.

They are currently located in California, Hawaii, Nevada, New York, Texas and Arizona. I wrote them to see if they would open one up in my house soon. I’ll keep you posted.


Punchlines
Why is it last but not least... it totally must be least... sorry but someone had to say it.
It came from the theatre: an introduction often on stage indicating that the person announced last is no less important than those introduced earlier. But clearly they are, otherwise they wouldn't be last.


1 comment:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE YOGURTLAND!! They are opening more stores as we type....

    ReplyDelete