Friday, June 12, 2009

Look out London

It's been almost a year since I've planted my two feet on foreign soil. The last time was a fairly spectacular affair, attending the Olympics in Beijing in 2008 to watch my friends win gold medals (Todd and Phil) again (Misty and Kerri). Prior to that, I'd say that I hadn't been outside the US since attending Cannes in 2007. In my opinion, these trips are happening much too infrequently. I really must do something about this! 

In a former life, I traveled extensively and I loved every minute of it. My first glimpse at travel was a business trip to Milan during Fashion Week, and it was then that I discovered northern Italian cuisine: authentic osso bucco. Yum-o! I then traveled with my best friend for 10 days throughout northern Spain in July where we ran with the bulls in Pamplona, took in modern art in Bilbao, strolled along the beaches in San Sebastian in addition to taking in the sights in Madrid and Barcelona. Jamon, anyone?

Then, I was blessed with the opportunity to circumnavigate the globe three times in two years. Two times heading west and one time heading east. All in all, I've taken in so much of the world, and hope one day to travel at least once to each continent. Yes, even antarctica. Perhaps I ought to find a job that will pay me to travel. 

I mention this because I will be traveling to Europe once again in about a month and am very much looking forward to it. I will try my hand at blogging about traveling, food, and writing while on the road, so stay tuned. Perhaps this will parlay into a TV travel show on the Food Network. Hey, there's no harm dreaming, is there?


Punchlines
What do you get if you cross a raccoon with an elephant?
A wooly mammoth with a clever mask, I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment