Wednesday, July 15, 2009

HP6 is not a calculator



As I was traveling last week, I wasn't able to see a sneak preview screening of Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince. I'm a little bummed about that, but I am hoping to make up for lost time and be able to report on the movie tonight when it opens wide in the US. Rottentomatoes has it at 95% on the freshness scale compared to its predecessors:

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (2001), 78%
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (2002), 82%
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (2004), 89%
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (2005), 88%
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (2007), 77%

The Harry Potter midnight showing earned a record $22.2 million, which bests the Wednesday night opening of The Dark Knight which earned $18.5 million last year and went on to earn $203.7 million in the first five days. Placing these expectations on Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince is probably unrealistic, given that Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix generated $140 million in its first five days. All I gotta say is that I'll certainly do my part tonight. Won't you? 


Punchlines
If it wasn't for you meddling kids...
...I'd be gettin' laid all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment