Thursday, July 9, 2009

Yep, there it is.

I'm joking. Well, not really. For those of you who enjoy leisurely travel, I will probably drive you bananas. You see, I am the type of traveler who will power through a city in a half day and take in a dozen sights just to capture it on camera. I used to be that way. I'm a little better now. But the first day in Paris seemed to be a prime example of regressing to my former mode of travel.

I was climbing the walls waiting for conference calls and emails to end, just to see the Musee d'Orsay which was open until 9:45 pm on Thursdays. Luckily the champagne and pastries kept me preoccupied for some time, or else who knows what I would have done. If left to my own devices, I suspected we could have hit...

L'Arc de Triomphe



Le Tour Eiffel


Musee d'Orsay and have dinner at Cafe de Flore, without issue.

We didn't make it to the museum, opting instead to climb the stairs to the first landing of the tower to take in the views of the Seine


Invalides

I think I've gone soft or something. But dinner in Saint Germain des Pres is never a bad idea, especially when your waiter happily tolerates foreigners and you soak in the atmosphere of sitting in a cafe where Jean-Paul Sartre and Simone de Beauvoir once dined.

Punchlines
Men Without Hats must surely be the strangest name for a band. Unless you consider...
I dunno. Slippery When Wet comes to mind, but also Moebius Stripper, Nixon's Smoking Banana and Spontaneous Grape.


No comments:

Post a Comment