Thursday, July 2, 2009

Los Angeles, we have lift off

Let's just say the final hours before leaving Los Angeles was akin to an episode of the Amazing Race. Detours were taken. I believe at one point, I was on foot running half a mile to retrieve antibiotics that were left behind. We also paid a visit to a carpet retailer. (No, we weren't flying Ali Baba Air.) But luckily we flew business class and security was a breeze and we made it to the gate just as they were beginning to board passengers.

The flight itself was uneventful, but ironically customs had an issue with my passport in London Heathrow. They didn't explain it. Just mentioned there was an irregularity. Whatever that means.

But we're at the hotel now, had a quick afternoon tea in the executive lounge, and heading now to the rehearsal dinner.

By the way, for those following the royal ascot hat adventure, sadly... I left the peacock feathers behind in the plane.


Punchlines
If I believed in incarnation, I believe in a former life that Shotgun was most definitely a...

...troubled youth, with behavioral problems and anger-control issues related to a narcissistic complex. Oh wait -- former life. Sorry, I thought you meant now. Ahmm... he was basically an English poet in the early last century - loved wearing frilly shirts and writing odes to stuff. I'd bet on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment