Sunday, July 26, 2009

Weekend cook

What was I thinking when I decided it was a good idea to host two brunches at our house on the same weekend? Subliminally I may have been attempting to simulate working in a restaurant or B&B. I don't know how else to explain this, but as I rise up early on Sunday morning, and despite the fact that there will be lovely people showing up later today, I gotta wonder how cooks do what they do every day. Like everything, it's just a job I suppose and if they're lucky, they're doing it for the love of cooking. But one thing's for sure, I love cooking and would want to keep it a hobby and not a profession.

I would write more, but I don't have time for anything but cooking at the moment. Here's the menu for today:
  • Garlic hummus and pita points
  • Cheese plate with brie, gouda and grapes
  • Heirloom tomatoes and Buffalo mozzarella with balsamic vinegar
  • Mixed salad with endive, goat cheese, candied walnuts, and grapes
  • South Carolina baby back ribs
  • Rosemary and lemon oven-roasted chicken
  • Dalloyau's Tarte aux Pommes au Four

Punchlines
Why did the chicken cross the road?
The road had it coming to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment